Employers (with certain exceptions) have to provide a written Health and Safety General Policy. This policy reflects the legal requirements to be fulfilled on Health and Safety. This section outlines the format from which your Health and Safety Statement of Intent emanates.
To ensure you attain a high standard of Health and Safety at Nitecrest Ltd, the Health and Safety General Policy has been collated identifying key aspects which you seek to attain, as outlined below in your General Policy.
1. Nitecrest Ltd, believes that one of its most important functions is the prevention of accidents and ill health. We do not wish any of our employees or any other person to suffer as a result of activities or work processes. To this end, we intend to comply rigorously with all Health and Safety Legislation, Codes of Practise and best guidance and work methods available.
2. The Health and Safety Policy and Manuals we have prepared indicate the ways in which we intend to meet legal requirements.
3. Legislation requires that, as an employer, we prepare a statement of General Policy with the respect to the Health and Safety of our employees, together with details of the organisation and arrangements that we have set up to carry out that policy.
4. Therefore, we provide, so far as is reasonably practicable: a) A safe system of work. b) Safe plant and equipment. c) Safe ways of handling, transporting articles, substances and people. d) Adequate training, instruction, information and supervision. e) A safe place of work with safe access and egress. f) A safe and healthy environment. g) Adequate welfare facilities.
5. We also ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the way we carry out our work does not affect the Health and Safety of persons who are not our employees, for example, visitors and contractors.
6. It is also recognised that where we produce articles and substances for use at work, or we erect or install any plant or equipment, we have a duty to ensure the Health and Safety of those who use them and make available all the required information for their Health and Safety.
7. We remind you, our employees, of your duty to look after your own Health and Safety and ensure that you do no endanger others and that you must co-operate with us, as your employer, in meeting our legal obligations.